top of page
ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR TRAINER (AIT)
The SSI Assistant Instructor Trainer program provides candidates with the necessary knowledge, skills and
Experience required to conduct SSI Assistant Instructor Programs and for Instructor Training
Requirements for participants
• Minimum age: 18 years
Have the following SSI certification in active status or an equivalent certification from one of SSI
recognized diving association:
• Divemaster Instructor
Has issued at least 45 certifications including:
• 30 for Scuba Diver and / or Open Water Diver.
• 3 Diver Stress & Rescue
• 3 dive guides
• 3 Science of Diving
• 6 Advanced Adventurers and / or additional specialty programs
The candidate can also credit completed Try Scuba and Basic Diver programs towards the minimum requirements for Scuba Diver and Open Water Diver certifications.
For Scuba Diver certifications
• Six (6) Try Scuba Recognition Cards are equivalent to one (1) Scuba Diver certification
• Three (3) Basic Diver certifications are equivalent to one (1) Scuba Diver certification
For Open Water Diver certifications
• Twelve (12) Try Scuba Recognition Cards are equivalent to one (1) Open Water Diver certification
• Six (6) Basic Diver certifications are equivalent to one (1) Open Water Diver certification
• Recommended course duration to graduation: 30-45.
• The number of lessons and lessons per day are determined by the instructor, based on the
Skills and needs of the candidates as well as the local environmental conditions are determined.
Requirements for passing
• The entire theory as in the Instructor Manual for the Assistant Instructor Trainer Seminar was successful
• Passing the program-specific final test with at least 90%.
• Pass the aquatic fitness assessment as described in the SSI Training Standards.
• All requirements met and all assessments passed as in the instructor manual for the Assistant
Instructor Trainer Seminar.
Permissions in the active state
In addition to the programs that a Divemaster Instructor may train in active status, the Assistant may
Instructor trainers in active status train, monitor and certify the following programs:
• Assistant Instructor
• Specialty Instructor Seminar (if you have the appropriate Specialty Instructor certification)
• Dive Professional Crossover (up to Assistant Instructor Level)
Assistant instructor trainers in active status may also:
• Assist an Instructor Trainer in the implementation of all SSI Instructor Level Programs.
bottom of page